In 1953 Raymond Lowry bought Salem Builder’s Supply, a small hardware store in Salem, Ohio and renamed it Lowry Supply Company. Before 1960 he shifted the business model to service manufacturing, with an emphasis on steel mills. In it’s first decade Lowry Supply grew exponentially servicing customers in Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
In 1972 Lowry Supply acquired Tri-Co Tool Sales, a firm specializing in precision cutting tools in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. This acquisition gave Lowry Supply a bigger presence in the Akron/Canton and Cleveland markets. As Lowry Supply expanded across the region it also moved its headquarters to a bigger location in Salem to house more inventory.